- News: Pebble watch receives full iOS 7 notifications (ilounge.com)
- RunKeeper for Pebble (hands-on): What the Pebble should have been all along (reviews.cnet.com)
- Smartwatch maker Pebble rolls out SDK and iOS upgrades (imenroll.wordpress.com)
- Increase font. In the menu “Settings/General/accessibility”, there is a function to activate the text in bold. In this way, the thickness of the font, is increased allowing better visualization for your reading. But so that the changes are applied, it is necessary to restart the device. Also in the menu “Settings/General/accessibility/larger font” and in “Settings/General/size of text”, you can change the font size in applications that support the new API of iOS 7 for this function. These options also enlarge the letter of the operating system.
- Search. “Spotlight” search function has changed with respect to the previous version of iOS. Before, this was an independent of the apps screen. Now, the search box is activated by sliding a finger down from any program in which the user is.
- Control of advertising tracking. Since iOS 6, the operating system has a functionality to display ads related, applications based on the previous user activity. On iOS 6 the option of limiting data collection was something hidden. IO7 has been added in the menu “Settings/Privacy/advertising” option.
- Block contacts on iPhone. In the menu “Settings/phone/contacts blocked” you can manage the contacts from the phone book to which you want to them a policy of calls. In this way, you can block calls, messages and calls by incoming Facetime coming from a certain number.
- Mobile data. IOS 7 has improved the way of managing the use of mobile data by apps installed on the device. In the menu “Settings/mobile data”, it is possible to indicate the applications that can make use of data via a mobile connection or using wifi. In this way, programs that perform an intensive use of data can be blocked when the user is disabled.
- Management of the Centre of notifications. From the menu “settings/notifications Center” operating system communications can be organized more efficiently. Users can indicate whether they want to receive these notices with locked screen as well as the types of notes to be displayed at any time. In this way, you can block notices and reminders of the agenda.
- Enable / disable automatic updating of applications. One of the new features of iOS 7 is the possibility of allowing the operating system to update apps downloaded through the App Store. In this way, users save the task of having to update them manually each time that appears a new update of one of its applications. This feature can be managed to enable or disable it through the menu option “settings/iTunes Store and App Store”. It also applies to books and music downloads from corresponding stores.
- Disable frequent locations. iOS 7 saves automatically more frequent locations of the user, so that the terminal can display information more quickly, as your position on the map. This function can be disabled so that Apple do not store the device in positions that the user moves. The option is located in the menu “Settings/Privacy/location/services system/locations FAQ”.
- Predefined routes. In the menu “Settings/maps/predefined routes”, you can select the native maps application to teach us by default routes to a destination by car or on foot. Thus, users can get a ride in your travel routine, without having to modify the parameter whenever they make use of maps.
- Turn off the screen’s movement. One of the new features in iOS 7 is the movement of the graphical environment using the parallax effect. However, this function consumes resources and battery in the devices. Its movement can be reduced through the option in the menu “Settings/General/accessibility/reduce movement”.
- The 5S iPhone Combines Power, Ease Of Use And Exceptional Camera (techitalkblog.wordpress.com)
- LastPass for iOS updates with new design for iOS 7 (imore.com)
- New iOS 8 Concept Is What iOS 7 Should Have Been From The Very Start [IMAGES] (redmondpie.com)
Comparing their widths, iPad Mini remains easier portability than the Air iPad. Given its lightness the Air iPad is ideal to read electronic books or watch movies without compromising the doll. Discover more differences between the new Tablet from Apple.
The new Tablet from Apple, iPad Air and Mini iPad with Retina display present interesting new features with respect to its predecessors, as processor A7, high connectivity MIMO technology, or a high definition screen. However, the small variation of price among them, 90 euros in the most basic models, makes the purchase of one decision or another not limiting to be opt between a small tablet and other large, since practical considerations must be taken into account. From Consumer exposed the main technical aspects of the Air iPad and the iPad Mini Retina, so that each user can optimize your choice. Dimensions: on the iPad Air, as its name suggests, the new star is its thinness compared to the previous iPad model: its thickness is 20% smaller, making it thinner large tablet on the market with 7.5 mm thick. Its surface is 24 cm high and 16.9 inches wide; in width, has lost an inch compared to the previous model without changing your screen surface, because the framework is 43% thinner. The mini iPad with Retina display has a thickness of 7.5 millimeters (equal to the Air iPad), its height is 20 cm and the width of 13.47 inches, as in the previous model. If their widths are compared, the iPad Mini is still easier portability than the Air iPad, and that both have a format of 4:3 screen not so appropriate for the human hand as the Google Nexus range 16:9. Weight: another great trick of the Air iPad is having become the large Tablet lighter market, thanks to a reduction in its size and the materials used in its manufacture: 454 grams in the basic model with 16 gigabytes of memory and wifi connectivity. With its size, this weight makes it ideal to carry in any purse or Briefcase without that barely noticeable presence; also its lightness, is, given it to read electronic books or see movies and series, the wrist or the arm too resent. Both the Air iPad and the iPad with Retina Mini presented news in conectividadEl Mini iPad with Retina display wins in high resolution of the images and texts showing, but pays it with a weight gain, climbing to 331 grams in the basic model. If you choose a model with connectivity to mobile data LTE networks, its weight is 341 grams. The relationship of this weight with respect to the surface of the screen, 7.9 inches, makes it not recommended for the tasks referred to in the previous paragraph, unless you wish to use almost always away from home or office, whereupon the weight plays in its favour. Screen: the screen of the iPad Air does not vary with respect to previous models and remains at 9.7 inches. Its resolution was already on the iPad from the latest generation of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels: HD and screen Retina. It preserves these standards, allowing you to have a good experience of reading and viewing of videos. In the case of the iPad Mini Retina display technology and its high resolution, equal to the Air iPad, it is a significant gain, because it supposed to give a good reading experience a very portable tablet and not while viewing in the usual places. This becomes the best alternative to a classic eBook reader to this Ipad and allows you to compete in the market of the phablets, although not stop making voice calls. Connectivity: both the Air iPad and the iPad with Retina Mini present developments in this field. Both tablets offer a dual hub wifi for frequencies in the 2.4 and 5 gigahertz, in addition to MIMO technology, which Apple, accelerating the uptake of wireless networks. These features enable them to connect to the network with greater speed and efficiency. With respect to mobile data networks, both models have versions with connectivity to LTE, on the other hand, increase them significantly. However, the more affordable version of iPad Air with LTE has a price of 629 euros, while version LTE iPad with Retina Mini is located at 509 euros, which makes it to be an interesting option as exteriors of high-end tablet. Processor and autonomy: here both tablets are on equal terms with the new A7 (the same one that has the iPhone 5S) processor with a 64-bit architecture, far superior to the previous ones, with 32-bit architecture. It is not clear what can serve so much power of processing in a Tablet, since 64-bit processors have been until now for video games and industrial graphics tasks, but looking to the innovations of the future, it is always better to have the maximum power that can pay for the Pocket. In addition, to compensate for this waste of processing power, both models incorporate coprocessor M7, responsible for managing the applications as is e.g.
- More Bad News For Those Hoping To Buy An iPad mini With Retina Display (appadvice.com)
- The iPad Air arrives (macworld.co.uk)
- New iPad Mini With Retina Display Due This Month (webpronews.com)